Re: Indigo2 status?

To: Bill Bradford <mrbill@frenzy.com>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 status?
From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:35:57 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Has anyone heard anything about the status of SGI Linux on an Indigo2?
> I've got this box here with 128mb and Extreme graphics, and am wishing
> I could fire up Linux on it....

Well, you won't be able to use your graphics card yet, but you can still
get it up and running.  Set yourself up with a serial console, and follow
the installation instructions on http://www.linux.sgi.com/ and off you go.
You'll probably want to build your own kernel from the CVS arvhive, as it
will have more recent changes.  Support for the (E)ISA bus should be
coming along sometime this week.

-Andrew