Re: Root Password

To: William Holmes <palsoft@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Root Password
From: "Todd M. Shrider" <tshrider@kascope.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:19:31 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
You'll need the system cd's, or at least the first cd, to reset the root
passwd. When the system starts, press escape to go into the maintenance
menu and then choose install system software. (Were not actually going to
install the system software). At the meno choose Administration (opetion
13 I believe) and then type chroot

This will put you at a prompt so you can type passwd and give a new root
passwd. As far as I know this is the only way to change things...

--
Todd M. Shrider                 Coder Emeritus
Kaleidoscope Inc.               The Diner Inc.

       I degaussed my girlfriend and I'm
       just not attracted to her anymore.