Re: an ld problem? - possibly fixed..

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: an ld problem? - possibly fixed..
From: Tim Hockin <thockin@cobaltnet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:28:23 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> just in case if you manage to fix this one please drop me a note.

I'm calling in for help on the solution now.

The problem occurs when a segment is found that is not a known name, libbfd
abort()s in mips_elf_relocate_section().  In the case of the egcs libstdc++
link the segments in question are : ".dtors" and ".gcc_except_table".  I assume
since .dtors is trouble, so will .ctors be.

If I add .dtors and .gcc_except_table to mips_elf_dynsym_sec_names[] in
${binutils_src_path}/bfd/elf32-mips.c and rebuild libbfd - ld no longer gets an
abort() when compiling the file in question.  I'm pretty sure this is NOT the
right solution.  There is also a table of sections in
${binutils_src_path}/bfd/syms.c.  What is the "right" solution, and what other
sections can exist that bfd doesn't know about?

Someone with a bit more experience inside libbfd - please help? :)

Tim