Re: Float / Double issues

To: Tim Hockin <thockin@cobaltnet.com>
Subject: Re: Float / Double issues
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:53:46 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 08:09:41PM -0700, Tim Hockin wrote:

> Hey gang - I have what seems to be two seperate issues on Mips/Linux
> (cobalt boxes).
>
> 1) Programs using doubles with pthreads get corrupted data in the
> doubles.

That one is funny.  It was/is a longstanding libc bug originally reported
by Dong Liu.  I actually thought it'd be fixed but now thanks to your
report I see it's still broken.  So the multithreaded variant of your
double.c doesn't work at all on our libc.

The bug is in glibc/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/clone.S; I suppose
Cobalt's libc which I last worked on late October is still using my
old clone.S from that time or somebody else there came up with a funky
new bug completly on it's own - which might explain why double.c cannot
even successfully create the threads.

More later ...