Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux

To: swerner@fcc.net, Roald Lygre <roald@stavanger.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux
From: "Dag Bakke" <dagb@oslo.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:25:00 +0000
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
No, you're not. Install linux 2.2.7 (.9?) on any i386 and enable experimental
options and EFS.

Then you should be able to mount the CD on the linux-i386 box and set up tftp,
bootp and nfs for remote booting/installing. (You don't need nfs for booting
fx, though.)
Something for a rainy day....

Dag B

--
Dag Bakke   -   System Support Engineer, SGI Norway
        SGI Norge                       tel:    67 11 46 01