Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux

To: "Dag Bakke" <dagb@oslo.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux
From: Tom Woelfel <eedthwo@eede.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:49:55 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Dag Bakke writes:
 > As I understand it, you only need to partition the disk with the SGI tools
 > (fx).
 > (If this is wrong, please feel free to correct me.)
 > Thus, you only need bootp and tftp to boot fx.

Yep.

 > To boot fx on the Indy from the prom monitor (command monitor) enter:
 > setenv -p netaddr 123.456.789.123
 > boot -f bootp()remotemachine:/path/to/stand/fx.ARCS

After endeavouring with the bootp/tftp options for a couple of hours I
finally managed to get sash or fx loaded. But I've seen lot of
rejected requests during this session from the i386 server. But what's
the next step ? Do I have to change the bootfile-entry in bootptab to
point to the next requested file ? (Ooops, I'm at work - so I don't
have access to my Indy, but after partitioning the disk the Indy
requested something like sash(NN).)

I will try it once again and write down my experiences.

//Tom