Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux

To: "Dag Bakke" <dagb@oslo.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux
From: Tom Woelfel <eedthwo@eede.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:48:36 +0200
Cc: swerner@fcc.net, Roald Lygre <roald@stavanger.sgi.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Dag Bakke writes:
 > No, you're not. Install linux 2.2.7 (.9?) on any i386 and enable experimental
 > options and EFS.
 >
 > Then you should be able to mount the CD on the linux-i386 box and set up
 > tftp,
 > bootp and nfs for remote booting/installing. (You don't need nfs for booting
 > fx, though.)
 > Something for a rainy day....

Hmm, is there a FAQ on how to set up such an environment ?

I've alreayd tried to boot/install from a remote mounted cdrom. This
always results in an error. Then I've tried to copy the Irix-CD to a
directory and install from this directory. I was able to invoke fx on
the Indy, but I was not able to proceed with the installation.

(During Linux/SGI install I made propably an error which results in a
corrupted Indy-filesystem - so I'm forced to reinstall Irix on my
Indy.)

//Tom