Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux

To: swerner@fcc.net
Subject: Re: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux
From: "Roald Lygre" <roald@stavanger.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:43:27 +0000
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Jun 29,  3:19pm, Shane W. wrote:
> Subject: IRIX Partations with HardHat Linux
> Hi,
>
>   I am trying to install HardHat linux on an "Indy r5000", the SCSI disk
> was blank and I was running into problems so I did a mkfs on it.  Now
> the install script keeps asking me to initalize the drive.  I do not
> have access to an Irix machine to repartation it or anything of the
> such.  Any ideas?

If you have an IRIX operating system CD available (must be marked with
"Contains installation tools"), you could boot the disk maint tool "fx" from
the CD.

Contact me directly if you have the CD (and CDROM player) and need specific
instructions on how to repartition.

-Roald

| Company: SGI Norge A/S                                      |
| Email:   roald@sgi.com          Tlf:          +47 5184 3633 |
| Addr:    St Olavsgt 9           Mobil:        +47 909 33 903|
|          N-4004 Stavanger       VMail (SGI):  870-4679      |
|          NORWAY                 VMail(ext):   67114679      |
| SGI Norway's WWW Home Page: http://www.sgi.no               |