Re: Booting an Indigo2

To: Mike Hill <mikehill@hgeng.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Booting an Indigo2
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:23:09 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 02:39:40PM -0400, Mike Hill wrote:
> Sorry, this looks familiar.  Here's what I get in my serial console:

do you think so ?

> Root-NFS: Server returned error -13 while mounting /usr/src/installfs
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.

your Indigo isn't able to mount the NFS root. According to linux/nfs.h
the error is NFSERR_ACCES.

> request_module[block-major-2]: Root fs not mounted

so it tries to use the floppy drive. But since there is no driver in the
kernel, it tries to load the module for it, which fails.

> VFS: Cannot open root device 02:00

no root filesystem, no fun.

Or do I miss something ?

Thomas.