Re: Indigo2 patch

To: Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 patch
From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:07:52 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Andrew R. Baker wrote:

> Here is the latest patch for the Indigo2, it looks good so far...
> Things still left to do:
>       allow 8254 timer acks (it actually works on the Indigo2)
>       clean up IRQ data structure
>       enable 2nd SCSI controller
>
> I am going to work on these once I get back from USENIX.

BTW, with this patch, I have managed to successfully boot my Indigo2 and
have gone as far as installing hardhat on it.  It hasn't crashed so far,
even after I got it up to a load average of 164... ;)  However, I do
consistently get "signal 11" errors while trying to compile a kernel on
it.

Please beat it up as much as possible and let me know what I still need to
do.  ;)

-Andrew