Re: Linux process scheduler

Subject: Re: Linux process scheduler
From: Andy Isaacson <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 00:23:10 -0400
On Wed, Jun 02, 1999, on the sgi-linux mailing list, Wayne Vieira wrote:
> Are there any other schedulers (fairshare, gang, etc.) available for
> linux, other than the standard sched.c that comes with the kernel?  IHAC
> who is asking about the availability of Fairshare.  If its not
> available, what is?

There's not much out there as far as production-level stuff.  There's
a fair number of research-type projects out there.  For a class, I and
another student did the work available at

It's not actually usable in a production context (I don't use it, for
example) but it's a reasonable proof of concept.  I'd be glad to
answer any questions... I might even be able to dig up some of our
documentation if there's demand.

(BTW, I just started at SGI Eagan this week.)

Andy Isaacson  Fight Spam, join CAUCE: