Re: after the kernel seems to live

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, Robert Keller <rck@corp.home.net>
Subject: Re: after the kernel seems to live
From: "Robert Keller" <rck@corp.home.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:35:08 -0700
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
At 12:46 AM 5/28/99 +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
>The R5000 is supported and known to work.  You happen to have a
>second level cache on that board?

how convinced are people that the VR5000 is supported?  I'm running
the latest code off the linux.sgi.com cvs server and I'm getting *very*
weird page faulting problems when doing the kernel/user space
hazard shuffle.  Its really hard to describe the problems as they are
not deterministic:  sometimes the right thing happens, other times
I get restricted instruction exceptions...  Both of these can happen on
the very same kernel binary...

Which of the vec0 routines should be used on the VR5K?

...robert