glib (Was Re: X server update, observations on a successful installation

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: glib (Was Re: X server update, observations on a successful installation)
From: Pete Young <pete@alien.bt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:14:23 +0100 (BST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> This happens because we use an old version of net-tools in HardHat but
> use a current kernel.  It's harmless however.  The solution is to
> upgrade net-tools.

Pulled down version 1.51 source from our nearest RedHat mirror and
built it. Still 2 routes to the local subnet. Editing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ipup and commenting out the route bit
stops it, but also removes the route to lo0. Not sure which is worse.

> The Indy hardware doesn't have a frame buffer which makes writing an
> X server more difficult.  The X clients are working fine however.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to the completion of the Xserver.

On a slightly different note, has anyone succeeded in building glib ?

I'm attempting to build glib-1.2.1   Compilation keels over in
testgthread complaining about undefined references to various pthread
functions:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -o .libs/testgthread testgthread.o
../.libs/libglib.so .libs/libgthread.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
testgthread.o: In function `new_thread':
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/glib-1.2.1/gthread/testgthread.c:89: undefined
reference
to `pthread_create'
testgthread.o: In function `test_private':
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/glib-1.2.1/gthread/testgthread.c:197: undefined
reference to `pthread_join'
.libs/libgthread.so: undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
.libs/libgthread.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
.libs/libgthread.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_trylock'
.libs/libgthread.so: undefined reference to `pthread_cond_timedwait'
.libs/libgthread.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [testgthread] Error 1

Any suggestions welcomed.

Kind regards,

Pete

  Pete Young          pete@alien.bt.co.uk        Phone +44 1473 642740
      "Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"