RE: after the kernel seems to live

To: Robert Keller <rck@corp.home.net>
Subject: RE: after the kernel seems to live
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 22:22:20 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Robert,

On 26-May-99 Robert Keller wrote:

> It looks like I've finally been able to get the 2.2.1 kernel booting
> and trying to access its root filesystem over NFS on an NEC
> DDB-VRC5074 development board.  I'm at the point where the
> kernel is trying to run /sbin/init and things die because of illegal
> instructions in init (I'm using the little endian mips root from
> linux.sgi.com)
>
> Where do I get the code for init, ld.so and all those vital root
> filesystem friends so that I can be sure that they are compiled
> the way I want them?

this is probably not the right place to ask this question,
linux-mips@fnet.fr would have been better, but I'll try to answer your
question anyway :-)

You may want to give
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mipsel-linux/root/declinuxroot-99051
8.tgz
a try.

This rootimage is known to work on R3000 and R4000 DECstations and should
in theory work on all little endian MIPS boxen.
---
Regards,
Harald