Re: parallel Port

Subject: Re: parallel Port
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:30:58 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 04:50:20PM -0400, Matthias Kleinschmidt wrote:
> is there any progress with the parallel port driver?

sorry, I tried to get out the necessary bits from Irix header files and
the small documentation about the parallel port. I couldn't find out
whether it's possible to use the parallel port in PIO mode.

> If not maybe I could try.
> I never wrote a driver before but if it is really as simple as Thomas said
> it might be a good project to start with.

If you could run the parallel port in PIO mode, it's pretty straight
forward. But if this isn't possible, you need to do DMA, which is much
more work.

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]