Re: CP0_STATUS interrupt mask patch

To: Linux/SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: CP0_STATUS interrupt mask patch
From: Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.tho.org>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 01:44:23 +0000
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Charles Lepple wrote:
> I just pulled down the CVS kernel with the patch, and it seems that it
> causes a 'keyboard timeout[2]' to be printed on the console after the SCSI

Omitted a critical detail -- it hangs hard-core after this message.
Evidently the power button was initialized by this point, because it
doesn't turn off immediately, and it doesn't start the LED blinking
indicating an impending power-off.

System summary:
Indy R5000
gcc version egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)
binutils-2.8.1

--
Charles Lepple
System Administrator, Virginia Tech EE Workstation Labs