Re: Indigo2 patch

To: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@thepuffingroup.com>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 patch
From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 20:31:20 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> Yes, there's a better way. A PROM console can be implemented. I have hacked
> some
> code for this PROM console for this purpose. I can't get it to open the
> initial
> console though. I'll send it to you, maybe you have time to figure out what's
> wrong...

Great, most of the work has already been done for me. ;)  This is what I
had thought about, I just hadn't tried to figure out where to start yet.
A PROM console would probably be a help on any of the SGIs until some sort
of graphics support is worked out.

> > -LINKFLAGS  = -static -N
> > +# having -N in LINKFLAGS causes my Indigo2 not to boot
> > +LINKFLAGS  = -static
>
> This is a problem with the cross linker and not with the kernel itself, it's
> the
> same for Indy's. The code in the CVS tree should remain as it is.

Any chance on getting the cross linker fixed?

-Andrew