Re: Indigo2 port status?

To: Alan Hoyt <neuroinc@unidial.com>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 port status?
From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 21:03:38 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.tho.org>, Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Alan Hoyt wrote:

> I don't know what's going on with UAB - but I just started working on a
> port to the Indigo2 this April after receiving some hardware specs.
> Needless to say with school and work, progress is a tad bit slow.
> Hopefully, once finals are behind me - I can focus more energy on the
> task.
>
> Alan Hoyt

Well, here at UAB, I have an Indigo2 booting the kernel, mounting root
over NFS, and crashing.  All this is done with very few changes to the
source.  I am putting together a set of patches currently.  I'll post here
when they are ready.  I don't have submit access to the CVS tree so I
won't be able to put them there.  I would like some people to make sure
the patches don't break the Indy ;)

Also, what is a good way of getting the boot messages to print via the
prom commands?  Currently I have a hacked up printk to do this, but would
like something cleaner.  Would it be feasible to write a prom console?  It
might make it easier to work on boxes without any sort of graphics support
available yet...

-Andrew