Boot problems with locally compiled kernel

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Boot problems with locally compiled kernel
From: Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.tho.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Now that I can finally get the kernel compile to finish, I end up with a
message similar to the folowing after the kernel is loaded (it's still in
the textport):

Exception: <vector=UTLB Miss>
Status register: 0x30004803<CU1,CU0,IM7,IM4,IPL=???,MODE=KERNEL,EXL,IE>

This is an R5k machine, and I've tried both the r4x00 and r5000 options,
in addition to converting the kernel to ECOFF (with the program in
arch/mips/boot). This is a CVS tree from yesterday or so -- any thoughts
on this one? (I checked the old archives -- sorry if this is a FAQ and I
just missed it).

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
System Administrator, Virginia Tech EE Workstation Labs