Re: glibc 2.1

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: glibc 2.1
From: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@bun.falkenberg.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:10:41 +0200
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi Alex,

> Has anyone started work on glibc 2.1 for mips{eb|el}?  I'd like to start
> on a port of Red Hat 6.0 ofor mipseb and mipsel.

I tried to do this some time ago, but I never finished it. I have heard that
Ralf has done some work here, maybe he can share his work with us. I've tried
to persuade him to do this before without any success. I'd like to have these
patches as well so that I may continue working with the D word. :-)

Well, if we can't get these patches I'd like to help you with the porting work
for glibc 2.1.

- Ulf