kernel compilation problem

Subject: kernel compilation problem
From: Charles Lepple <>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:20:04 +0000
While configuring the kernel (2.2.5 from, I get the
following message:

 Sound card support (CONFIG_SOUND) [N/y/m/?]
>scripts/Configure: drivers/sgi/char/ No such file or
 * Kernel hacking

Then, while executing 'make dep', I see a bunch of messages about
'SOCK_DGRAM' being redefined.

And when I try 'make zImage', it bombs compiling init/main.c -- there's
a "parse error" in linux/sched.h, and lots of stuff breaks. I have the
compile log if anyone can decipher it, but is this just a simple case of
me overlooking a patch? Or where can I find a preconfigured kernel
source tree?

Thanks in advance,

Charles Lepple
System Administrator, Virginia Tech EE Workstation Labs ||