Re: NTools ENewsFlash -- Report: NT 3.5x Faster Than Linux

Subject: Re: NTools ENewsFlash -- Report: NT 3.5x Faster Than Linux
From: Matthias Kleinschmidt <mkleinschmidt@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:24:21 -0400
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 11:20:47AM -0700, Ariel Faigon wrote:
> [I'm forwarding a message that bounced.  Just thought some people
>  may be interested.  To add to what Eric wrote, another thing that
>  I find strange is that they are comparing NT 3.5 rather than the
>  latest NT 4.x to Linux.  I also believe some of the results
>  are missing crucial details, like how the two very different
>  web servers were configured (e.g. standalone vs from inetd,
>  ssi turned on etc.) who paid for the report, full disclosures...
>  -- Ariel]

I think that this is not the right list to discuss this strange report
but anyhow a few comments:

- The report was sponsored by Microsoft as you can read here:
   http://www.mindcraft.com/whitepapers/nts4rhlinux.html#mccert

- Mindcraft compared Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 and Novell NetWare 5 in
  January. Here you can find Novells response:
   http://www.novell.com/advantage/nw5/nw5-mindcraftcheck.html

Matthias

--
Matthias Kleinschmidt