Re: Resources in X11 port

To: Miguel de Icaza <>
Subject: Re: Resources in X11 port
From: Andrew Isaacson <>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:18:50 -0400
On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 08:45:58AM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > I would urge btw that anyone working on an XFree SGI driver
> > releases it under a license like the NPL so that the XFree people
> > can't hide it in a locked away beta release in future.
> Will they incorporate those changes though?

No.  XFree86 will not incorporate any code which is not licensed to
them under an X-compatible license.

That doesn't prevent someone from providing a driver under a different
license (very possibly including the XFree86 code under that license),
but a driver not under an X license will not become part of XFree86.

-andy (not speaking for XFree86)
Andy Isaacson    Fight Spam, join CAUCE: