Resources in X11 port #2

To: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@bun.falkenberg.se>
Subject: Resources in X11 port #2
From: Theodoros Nikitopoulos <tnik@hol.gr>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:20:48 +0300
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
It seems I should make more clear some things concerning the page.
First of all, it doesn't reflect the way the port will be done..  This
will be decided by the developers (Ulf Carlsson and whoever else..)
I would be very glad if I could help too, but for the time being it's not
possible. The scope of the page is mainly to provide some resources
I've found and thought they could help :-)

About why recommending starting with a 6.3 tree and patching up to
XFree86 3.3.3 well it's a personal taste of how I would probably work
on it. Why someone should worry with the differences of his docume-
ntation and his actual sources?  Just make the port and then add the
patches. Anyways, the above seems to me a minor issue. The problem
exists in porting the device-dependent parts.

By the way, I haven't found any ASCII version of the documentation, but
in case anyone is interested there exists a converter utility pstotext,
available at:

  http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/virtualpaper/pstotext.html

However, the output of it might be vague.

Regards,
Theodore.