SGI Console

To: Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: SGI Console
From: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@bun.falkenberg.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:30:35 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

I've fixed the configure scripts now. It's not possible to compile in fbcon
support anylonger, so that the logo stuff becomes redefined. I move the newport
console to the console drivers section instead..

I also made it possible to compile a kernel without newport console support.
What I wonder is: What should happen when you don't select "y" here? As it is
now nothing takes over the console, it justs remain in the state the prom left
it.

Is this what we want, or do we want to use some other console when we don't use
newport console?

- Ulf