Re: HAL2 driver 0.2

To: Matthias Kleinschmidt <>
Subject: Re: HAL2 driver 0.2
From: Ulf Carlsson <>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 06:14:52 +0200
Cc: Linux SGI <>
> Ok, I apologize. I forgot to rebuild soundcore.o. Now I can load the
> modules. But the order in your HOWTO is wrong. I had to load snd-timer
> before snd-pcm1. Playing wavs and mpegs works as well after building the
> ALSA devices.

Ok, this is another thing I forgot. I did a ``make install'' once so my devices
where ok all the time. Maybe I can extract that util which sets up the devices
from ALSA or is it included in the RPM?

I've fixed the HOWTO now.

> Great job!

Thanks :-)

> > rpm --rebuild alsa-driver-0.3.0-pre5-2.src.rpm
> Unfortunately that did not work. Maybe because all files in that package have
> timestamps Jan xx 2000?

I have set my clock correctly now, I actually did that yesterday. I have also
touched the all the files on my harddrives so I will not end up with any Jan xx
2000 files again. I'll upload correct versions..

- Ulf