Re: HAL2 driver 0.2

To: Linux SGI <>
Subject: Re: HAL2 driver 0.2
From: Matthias Kleinschmidt <>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 17:15:38 -0400
On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 08:27:31PM +0200, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> It looks like the rest of the symbols in the kernel are resolved. Maybe you
> forgot to rebuild the modules or to install them when you built them?

Ok, I apologize. I forgot to rebuild soundcore.o. Now I can load the
modules. But the order in your HOWTO is wrong. I had to load snd-timer
before snd-pcm1. Playing wavs and mpegs works as well after building the
ALSA devices.
Great job!
> Anyhow, in the meanwhile you may build your own driver package. There
> shouldn't
> be any problem if you have a kernel installed in /usr/src/linux, just get the
> source package of the drivers instead an execute:
> rpm --rebuild alsa-driver-0.3.0-pre5-2.src.rpm

Unfortunately that did not work. Maybe because all files in that package
have timestamps Jan xx 2000?
> (Please have a bit patiance, you're the first tester)

No problem. I'm only trying to help.

Matthias Kleinschmidt
Cedar Dell 568B, Box 5398
UMass Dartmouth