Re: HAL2 driver 0.2

To: Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: HAL2 driver 0.2
From: Matthias Kleinschmidt <mkleinschmidt@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 13:41:33 -0400
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 12:22:57PM -0400, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> Oops, sorry. I had compiled the modules with a kernel configured to set
> version
> information on all symbols. I've uploaded a new version, this problem should
> be
> solved now. Please download alsa-driver-0.3.0-pre5-2.mipseb.rpm instead.

I had version information activated in the first place. Now I compiled the
kernel without it and installed alsa...-pre5-2...  but I still have
unresolved modules.

insmod snd.o now gives me

snd.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_dsp_Rb255d4ae
snd.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_special_Rdf061e7e

If my kernel configuration would be helpful it can be found at
http://www-fs.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~matthias/.config

Matthias

--
Matthias Kleinschmidt