Re: mpg123 hack

To: Charles Lepple <>
Subject: Re: mpg123 hack
From: Ulf Carlsson <>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:47:28 -0400
Cc: Linux SGI <>
Hi again,

The problem seems to be that the HAL2 because of some strange reason I don't
know requires the samples to be duplicated. There's no doubt about that the HAL2
is in stereo mode though, I print the registers every time the card is
triggered. One might otherwise think that I accidently had set it up into Quad

I can now play MP3 in 44100Hz, stereo with perfect audio quality, when the
samples are duplicated..

- Ulf