Re: New Indy kernel uploaded

To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Subject: Re: New Indy kernel uploaded
From: Miles Lott <milos@insync.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 08:36:33 -0500
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
This is working for me, too - to a point.  I get stuck
just past the package selection and the message that a log
will be created.  It looks as if it is hanging trying to
mount the linux partition.  So, stupid question.  The
install instructions say to begin by running fx and setting
up a root partition on the second disk from within IRIX.
So, am I supposed to format ext2 from within the Hardhat setup
program?  Or, rather, at what point is the partition formatted
suitably for the Hardhat install to begin unpacking files on it?
TIA