Help needed to solve SCSI problem

Subject: Help needed to solve SCSI problem
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 00:23:21 +0100
I'm now total stuck with the remaining SCSI problem, and need some help.

I have a really broken cdrom drive. With this cdrom I'm able produce a
scsi timeout, which will cause a hang of the complete machine. I've
traced the problem a little bit further, and detected, that I get
interrupts on interrupt vector 0 (it's named VECTOR_GIO0 in the Irix
header files). I always see 17 irq 0 then the machine hangs completly.

Please, could someone tell what this interrupt means, so I can either
solve it by servicing the interrupt the right way or avoid it by doing
something else ?

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]