Re: Port to R3000 Indigo

To: flynnt@acm.org
Subject: Re: Port to R3000 Indigo
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:08:06 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
As Linus use to say: talk is cheap, show me the code... ;-)

It won't happen by itself, only if someone devotes serious
time to it.  My personal feeling is that Linux on R3000
will not happen (there are cheaper and faster old pentium 90's
out there) but if someone builds it... I've been wrong before.

:
:And I know a group at KSC that's getting rid of a bunch of O2s.  We'd love to
:grab them and make a nice little Beowulf cluster out of them :-).
:Unfortunately, we don't have the time at work to do a port :-(
:
:> I think it would be very relevant.  My company recently sold around 30
:> of the R3000 Indigo's.  Just about every person who bought one of these
:> was interested in the SGI/Linux project and wanted to know if they would
:> some day be able to run Linux on it.
:>

--
Peace, Ariel