Re: Strange bootp behavior.

To: Greg Moeller <gkm@gawd.mb.ca>
Subject: Re: Strange bootp behavior.
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:26:18 +0100
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 05:20:16PM -0600, Greg Moeller wrote:
> Broke printenv:
> SystemPartition=bootp():/
> OSLoader=vmlinux

this one didn't work for me at all, I had to change it to
SystemPartition=bootp(). With this it works without problems.

I see in your boot messages, that on your machine the freed prom
memory is higher than on my machine. Ulf Carlson needed to disable
the prom memory freeing to get his kernel working. So I'm pretty
sure, there something wrong with it. I've disabled this feature
in the current CVS version. Please try it (the updated file is
arch/mips/arc/memory.c).

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]