Re: Strange bootp behavior.

To: gkm@total.net, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Strange bootp behavior.
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:57:05 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 12:06:29PM -0600, gkm@total.net wrote:
> scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 528
> scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 528
> scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 528
> scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 528
> Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

you have problems with that disk. The kernel isn't able to read the init
binary form it. The messages are for access to /dev/sdb1.

> It seems something is trying to talk to the SCSI drive for the console.

yes to get major/minor of the console and for /sbin/init.

> If I leave the PROM booting with sash from the IRIX drive, it works.

so you removed this harddisk from the scsi chain ? Have you thought about
scsi termination ?

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]