Re: Indigo2 & Linux

To: adelton@informatics.muni.cz
Subject: Re: Indigo2 & Linux
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:14:51 -0600
Cc: ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, darkaeon@cubicsky.com, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
> OK, but do we have a code that has the graphics dealing done (to
> a certain point)? Where could it be found? I'd like to have a look and
> maybe move on with the development.

Which part are you interested in?  The kernel support or the X
server?

The kernel support is integrated.  You just need to setup an IRIX
emulation environment (/usr/emul/irix perhaps?  I forget) and the
proper devices used by the X server in /dev and you should be able to
launch the X server.

Not every client hangs the kernel, but xterm and emacs notably do it
(run them on a different machine to eliminate a variable).

Miguel.