Re: Indigo2 & Linux

To: darkaeon@cubicsky.com
Subject: Re: Indigo2 & Linux
From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:59:59 -0600 (CST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Steve Martin wrote:
> I'm curious as to what the current progress is with Linux and the
> Indigo2(R4400SC 150Mhz Elan)
> Also, I remember hearing something about running Xsgi on Linux, has that
> been successfully(not stable, just enough to see it start up, maybe not
> usable) done yet?
>
> --
> ..
> Steve Martin,
> Axial, http://www.cubicsky.com

Just as a quick note, to where I am on the Indigo2.  I have gotten it to
boot the kernel off of the network and start initializing devices.  It
will even send out packets over ethernet, but I do not have working
interrupts yet so it doesn't ever see any response.  For the most part, it
dies on "Trying to mount root filesystem".  I should have something
working not too long after I get some docs.

-Andrew