Re: Indigo2 & Linux

Subject: Re: Indigo2 & Linux
From: (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:24:23 -0800 (PST)
Steve Martin wrote:
:I'm curious as to what the current progress is with Linux and the
:Indigo2(R4400SC 150Mhz Elan)
:Also, I remember hearing something about running Xsgi on Linux, has that
:been successfully(not stable, just enough to see it start up, maybe not
:usable) done yet?
Thanks to Bill for answering the documentation part.
Just to add something on the Xsgi part.

Miguel got Xsgi to a point where it was starting without being
very useful (e.g. no functioning mouse) and went to work on much
more important stuff (GNOME) where he made a much bigger impact on
the future of Linux as a whole.  Miguel did an amazing job
considering that he practically reverse engineered everything.

So the short answer is: No. We don't have X on Indy/Linux yet.

Peace, Ariel