Re: Linux/Mips installation

To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Subject: Re: Linux/Mips installation
From: Jake Griesbach <griesbac@gamera.colorado.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:44:15 -0700 (MST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thanks, that helped.  I didn't have the kernel installed correctly.  Now
the system boots by itself and runs linux!

I've noticed that the web pages haven't been updated for a while.  Is X
available?  I get the following errors when I try to run X (with startx):

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 146

This repeats until I kill startx.  Also, I'm not familiar with the Red-Hat
linux flavor.  How do I start the package manager to get the latest set of
packages?

Thanks!

Jake Griesbach
University of Colorado