Re: Linux/Mips installation

To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <>
Subject: Re: Linux/Mips installation
From: Jake Griesbach <>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:34:09 -0700 (MST)
Hmm.  That still didn't work, although the new kernel booted just fine.  I
still got an Oops message right after I selected the drive to install to.
Could this be a swapon problem?  I also have an internal floppy/floptical
drive (this also appears on the select drive list).  Could this be
throwing things off?  Does this work for R4600 processors?

Here's my hinv output:
CPU: MIPS R4600 Processor Chip Revision: 2.0
FPU: MIPS R4600 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 2.0
1 133 MHZ IP22 Processor
Main memory size: 96 Mbytes
Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
Data cache size: 16 Kbytes
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
  Disk drive / removable media: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0
  Disk drive: unit 3 on SCSI controller 0
  CDROM: unit 6 on SCSI controller 0
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Graphics board: Indy 8-bit
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Integral ISDN: Basic Rate Interface unit 0, revision 1.0
Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0
Vino video: unit 0, revision 0, IndyCam connected

Jake Griesbach
University of Colorado