Re: Debuggers?

To: Ben Payne <bpayne@propeller.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Debuggers?
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:16:07 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 01:04:55PM -0800, Ben Payne wrote:
> I recently installed Linux on an Indy and was looking for GDB.  It's not
> part of the hardhat install, and the source doesn't support the
> mips-linux host.  I need to develop an application on the mips-linux
> architecture is there any debuggers available?

just use gdb:-)

> I saw a mention of a patch to GDB in the list archive.  Is this solution
> stable?  And where can I get the latest GDB patch?

I've build a SRPM for gdb, when I've compiled most of the RedHat 5.1
RPMS for little endian Linux/MIPS. You can find it on

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/mips/mipsel-linux/SRPMS/gdb-4.17-3.src.rpm

There is also a CVS repository of gdb von ftp.linux.sgi.com.

For me it's not always as stable as it should be. So there is still work
to do.

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]