Build a new kernel?

To: linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Build a new kernel?
From: Chad Carlin <chad@dallas.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 12:52:04 -0600
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Could someone point me to some documentation on the proceedure
for building a new linux kernel?

I need info like; prerequisite rpms, Guidance on what options to
choose in menuconfig,  How to implement the new kernel, Do I
need to modify any config files.

The documentation that I have found for intel-linux has so far
has been similar but not quite the same. I haven't really looked
for the "how to build a kernel for MIPS" docs yet.

I tried to build one on my intel-linux box for practice. It
didn't go well.

Chad

            Chad Carlin                          Special Systems
            Silicon Graphics Inc.                   972.205.5911
            Pager 888.754.1597          VMail 800.414.7994 X5344
            chad@sgi.com             http://reality.sgi.com/chad
        "flying through hyper space ain't like dusting crops, boy"