R4400 200MHz Indys

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, m_thrope@rigelfore.com
Subject: R4400 200MHz Indys
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 00:22:51 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Yesterday Ralf told me about a bug in the R4400 Rev 6.0 250 MHz devices.
As we can't say, whether the 200Mhz are real 250 MHz chip, it's worth
a try to activate the workaround for it, which is already present in
the kernel (but never gets enabled). People, which have problem with
R4400 Indys, please try the kernel below.

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/test/vmlinux-indy-r4400-990226.gz

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]