Re: able to bootp/NFS-install/reboot R4400SC Indy

To: linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: able to bootp/NFS-install/reboot R4400SC Indy
From: Chad Carlin <chad@dallas.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:20:25 -0600
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ok. Somebody shoot me. I went through and reinstalled linux on my Indy. I
thought that I screwed up and somehow did not get modutils-x.x.x-x because
I chose to install the wrong package set. I think I was wrong there too.

Problem:
- modutils-x.x.x-x does not get installed by the base installer. (or I
don't know which one it goes with)
- Can't get this package over the network because if I try to use my
network interface, the system panics. It panics because I don't have
modutils.
- BTW howto-french-5.1.1 seems to be corrupted in the distribution. My indy
always hangs when trying to install it. Hence, I have to deselect
optional-documentation during install.

Thanks for any help. I'm feel like I'm so close here.

Chad

            Chad Carlin                          Special Systems
            Silicon Graphics Inc.                   972.205.5911
            Pager 888.754.1597          VMail 800.414.7994 X5344
            chad@sgi.com             http://reality.sgi.com/chad
        "flying through hyper space ain't like dusting crops, boy"