Re: able to bootp/NFS-install/reboot R4400SC Indy

To: linux <>
Subject: Re: able to bootp/NFS-install/reboot R4400SC Indy
From: Chad Carlin <>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:20:25 -0600
Ok. Somebody shoot me. I went through and reinstalled linux on my Indy. I
thought that I screwed up and somehow did not get modutils-x.x.x-x because
I chose to install the wrong package set. I think I was wrong there too.

- modutils-x.x.x-x does not get installed by the base installer. (or I
don't know which one it goes with)
- Can't get this package over the network because if I try to use my
network interface, the system panics. It panics because I don't have
- BTW howto-french-5.1.1 seems to be corrupted in the distribution. My indy
always hangs when trying to install it. Hence, I have to deselect
optional-documentation during install.

Thanks for any help. I'm feel like I'm so close here.

            Chad Carlin                          Special Systems
            Silicon Graphics Inc.                   972.205.5911
            Pager 888.754.1597          VMail 800.414.7994 X5344
        "flying through hyper space ain't like dusting crops, boy"