Re: able to bootp/NFS-install/reboot R4400SC Indy

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de, linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: able to bootp/NFS-install/reboot R4400SC Indy
From: Chad Carlin <chad@dallas.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:28:04 -0600
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ralf,

On closer observation......

The message in the syslog is as follows:
kernel: kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k net-pf-N, errno = 2

ls -l /sbin/modprobe
.....No such file or directory

Obviously, I need modprobe. I wonder how I didn't get modprobe?

Other info:
uname -r  = 2.1.131

cat /proc/cpuinfo

cpu: MIPS
cpu model: R4000SC V6.0
system type: SGI Indy
BogoMIPS: 99.94

Let me know if you want to see more.

ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 12:14:22PM -0600, Chad Carlin wrote:
>
> > I got my 200MHz R4400 working too. Yes it actually boots. I guess you guys
> > weren't making all this stuff up after all.
> >
> > I have one problem though. Something is broken in modules. The networking
> > stuff is working incorrectly because of this. When I try to telnet in from
> > another host, the linux-indy panics. I can hand copy more verbose
> > information when I get home if this is not a common problem that everyone
> > else knows the answer to.
>
> I'd appreciate a more detailed bug report with all the messages you got.
> Which kernel binary exactly were you using?
>
>   Ralf

            Chad Carlin                          Special Systems
            Silicon Graphics Inc.                   972.205.5911
            Pager 888.754.1597          VMail 800.414.7994 X5344
            chad@sgi.com             http://reality.sgi.com/chad
        "flying through hyper space ain't like dusting crops, boy"