Re: Challange S question..

To: Chris Chiapusio <chipper@llamas.net>
Subject: Re: Challange S question..
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:29:15 +0100
Cc: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 11:05:23AM -0500, Chris Chiapusio wrote:
> where can i find info on what the kernel is doing at each stage of the
> boot process for a 'install' kernel like this so i can try to debug this
> without buggin you guys for each problem?

the kernel has already booted. The HardHat kernel isn't able to work
with a serial console, and in mine is /dev/ram missing.

> mke2fs 1.10, 24-Apr-97 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
> /dev/ram: Operation not supported by device while setting up superblock
> creating 100k of ramdisk space... done
> mounting /tmp from ramdisk... failed.

ok, I didn't include the ramdisk driver in the kernel. Please try:

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/test/vmlinux-indy-990212.gz

This kernel boots with the Rough Cut CD I have here.

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]