Re: Moving drivers/sgi around

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>, SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Moving drivers/sgi around
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:31:55 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 07:06:22PM -0500, Alex deVries wrote:
> Are there any objections to me moving drivers/sgi and merging them into
> the 'correct' places?  The places in question are:
[...]
> Any objections?

not really, but I don't like it either. As long as the drivers in drivers/sgi
aren't usefull for other architectures, I would leave them, where they are.
There is enough different stuff sitting in drivers/char, which should
be sorted out and stuffed into better subdirectories.

I'm even not sure, whether my decision to put newport_con into drivers/video
was the right one. But at least drivers/video contains only driver dedicated
to the same thing,which is to provide a console.

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]