100Mb Ethernet for Indigo2

To: SGI Linux Group <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: 100Mb Ethernet for Indigo2
From: "Mark A. Zottola" <asnmaz01@asc.edu>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 10:55:31 -0600
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
This is slightly off-topic, so I apologize in advance. As we are porting
LINUX to the Indigo2 to build a Beowulf cluster - we would like to use
100Mb ethernet cards instead of the standard 10Mb. In contacting SGI
about this, we were pointed to Qualix - a company which manufactures
these cards. But the price for this is rather steep - between $700 -
$800 per card! Does anyone on this list know where there might be a
cheaper source for these cards? I can live with 10Mb if I have to, but
it sure would be nice to have that 100Mb communication!

Again, my apologies if this is too off-topic for this group.
--
*********
Mark A. Zottola                       Alabama Research and Education