Graphics as a module.

To: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Graphics as a module.
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 23:05:00 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

I've gotten partway through having modularized the newport graphics.  This
is in hopes of:
- one day finishing it, so you can pleasantly load and unload graphics
  modules without regard to rebooting while debugging
- giving Mike a kick in the pants to help me out wiwth the hard stuff

I know there's some weirdness; I'd strongly suggest you not build it as a
module unless you're after fixing it.  It seems to OOPS partway into
code, which makes no sense.

Anyway. Here goes nothing.

- Alex

--