Re: efs fs module

To: Chad Streck <streckc@vbe.com>
Subject: Re: efs fs module
From: Chad Carlin <chad@otg.dallas.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:02:08 -0600
Cc: Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Chad,

Can't make any gurantees but..... Do you have any SCSI cdrom drives laying
around? They don't all work, but some do. That would be the easiest fix, if
it works. If you need any help with the IRIX load, I can help you off line.
Besides, us Chads need to stick together.

Regards,
Chad

Chad Streck wrote:

> I tried this questions to some people, but I was suggested to post here.
>
> I would like do a clean install of IRIX on an Indy, but the Indy does
> not have a CDROM.  I have a linux box, running RedHat 5.1, with a CDROM
> located on the same network and was wondering if there is a way to mount
> the install CDs on the linux box so that the Indy can read it.  What
> I've read is that there is a read-only efs module floating around, but I
> can not find anywhere to download it.  The only other reference was
> efsmod 0.6, but it said that it is not usable on 2.1.x kernels of
> linux.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> After a re-install of IRIX is completed, I could help by doing a linux
> load on it, but I'm a newbie to the SGI/IRIX world, and may need a
> little help.
>
> thankyou,
> chad

            Chad Carlin                          Special Systems
            Silicon Graphics Inc.                   972.205.5911
            Pager 888.754.1597          VMail 800.414.7994 X5344
            chad@sgi.com             http://reality.sgi.com/chad
        "flying through hyper space ain't like dusting crops, boy"