Re: Indigo R4K and Linux?

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Indigo R4K and Linux?
From: "Michael W. Folsom" <mwfolsom@aptec.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 09:55:27 -0700
Cc: Victor Kuhns <kuhns@abbatech.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Victor Kuhns wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
>         Running Linux on a Indigo R4K.  Has anybody done it?  Our indigo just
> locks up when we try to boot off our machine running RH 5.0.  I have an
> Indy R4k...but have about 10 Indigo R4k's sitting around.  Would be nice
> to get the Indigo working:)
>
> Thanks...
>
>         -Victor

I second that motion!

I have a stack of R4400 Indigo's with XZ graphics floating
around and I'd love to put linux on them!  I even have an
R3000 Indigo with XZ graphics that's sitting idle. That's in
addition to a couple of R4000 Crimson boxes, but we won't
get into that now!

So, the relevant questions are - what's the pain level in
doing this?  What info do we need to lay hands on to get
this to happen?  And, as usual the most important question
is - how can I help make it happen?!?

Be well,

Michael